Here are just a few of my creations - I mainly make cards, but I've been known to dabble

Sunday 5 July 2015

Latest creations - Magnetic Bookmark and a Child's Dinosaur Birthday Card

Hi there again.  Below you will find the latest creations (all made this week) from my office/crafty area, which looks like this when it's been cleaned up, but is rarely ever in that state!

Ok, so this first card was made for my workmate Paula, who requested a dinosaur themed birthday card for Andre who turned 3.  I had a lot of fun making this card.  The stamps are all from Lawn Fawn Critters From The Past and I used masking techniques to put some of the images in front of others.  The background was coloured using tim holtz distress inks and a sponge, whist  the images were all watercoloured using the distress markers.  I love how it turned out.  Inside the card I stamped a t-rex because what dino card is complete without a t-rex?  :o)


Now, this one is a magnetic bookmark (showing front and back) that I made for my Mum who loves to read.  She's been using one that I made ages ago and requested a new one a while ago but until this week I wasn't inspired.  My inspiration came from youtube in the form of this video by Sandy Allnock.  I had some adhesive magnets in my stash and thought this was a perfect idea to use them.

The images are from a couple of stampendous stamp sets: Hummingbirds and Jumbo Hydrangea.  The butterfly and flowers were coloured using copic markers, and the flower was watercoloured.  

Finally, I also made a farewell card to a workmate called Scott who is transferring up to Bundaberg.  I'm very annoyed that I deleted the picture of the front of the card off of my phone and it didn't seem to have uploaded with all the rest of my pictures.  I do however have a shot of the inside of the card, which incorporates a gift card holder, that I was quite pleased turned out.


That brings me up to date!  I have a few other challenges to try to enter so if I do I'll be sure to post them here for you to see!  Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Look at your amazing space, it looks like such a fun place to get creative! Hugs, Therese ps cute dinos and a great idea to create a magnetic book mark, I must look into that myself, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Therese! I hope this reply posts successfully, gremlins have deleted my last attempt! My mum loved the book marks and still uses them now, though I might need to check if she needs some new ones 4 years later! lol. The cards were well received as well. My crafting space is in the same room, but it's expanded a bit so I'll either have to find my last video on it or do another one day soon. I have so much more experience and so many options for crafty goodness as each year goes by, I find it interesting sometimes delving into my past posts to see the journey my crafting is making. I love that I get inspired by people like yourself as well, so keep up the videos, though they sound like an enormous amount of work by the end! Since our class on Wednesday all I've been doing is playing with the alt-e-new stamp set, I've made tons of flowers in pinks, blues, purples and teals and a bunch of leaves... tomorrow I'll make some cards with them...but oh, that was a lot of fussy cutting, the dies will be in my hot little hands quick smart when they're released :o) Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting... I really should make some time to at least try to do one post a week, though I think I spend far more time being inspired by YouTube than creating my own marvels lol. hugs! Karen

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete