Here are just a few of my creations - I mainly make cards, but I've been known to dabble

Monday 20 July 2015

INSPIRED BY: CHERYL WRIGHT (Cased Card)

Gidday everyone, glad you stopped by.  Today I'm sharing a card with you that I cased from Cheryl Wright.  I loved her design so much and her use of the dies (getting great ideas from her on how to use the dies) that I just had to have a go at copying her card.  *updated*: Cheryl has just posted her card on her blog, you can check it out right here!  

Ok, so I didn't have any pretty paper like she used, with these gorgeous flowers on there, but I found in my stash this beautiful creamy and silver flower design paper and then also some pearlescent cream cardstock that went beautifully with it.  I pinched her grey cardstock idea because it really helped to set off the die cuts perfectly.

At first I was thinking it would make a lovely wedding card, but I had no sentiments that were small enough to fit.  Then I got to thinking "maybe a happy anniversary card..." but again, sentiments were too long, and I didn't want to turn the card around so it was landscape instead of portrait.  Then I found a beautiful sentiment in my Inspired By Stamps set All Year Wishes 2 and turned it into a birthday card - they're my most popular type of card anyway :o)

I hope you like it!


This one shows the shiny embossing and design paper to better effect:


and the inside too:


Thanks for stopping by and commenting when you can, it's always appreciated!
Cheers
Karen

6 comments:

  1. OH WOW!!! Love this card Karen.....you certainly have outdone yourself ....again. I HAVE to get my hands on those dies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jennifer! And now you've ordered them, I can't wait to see what inspiration you give me for using them too! :o)

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous Karen!! So pretty. Love the dies and shines embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcelle! I have lots of that pretty DSP, I got it on sale one time (the shop closed down though)

      Delete
  3. Karen, I adore your card, and feel very honoured that you CASE'd mine! I have now added it to the blog for those interested.

    http://ideasforcardmaking.net/using-leftovers-on-a-card/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cheryl, I love that my friends can inspire me to create! I updated my post to take people to your post as well :o)

      Delete