Here are just a few of my creations - I mainly make cards, but I've been known to dabble

Friday 15 November 2013

Holiday Card Workshop 2013 - Day 1 - Card 2a

Hi again from stormy Queensland!  It's been a rather stormy week here, luckily nothing has interrupted my creative flow and I have here another card made as a result of my online card class.  I am so glad I signed up for this class, I'm learning a heck of lot.  We've had two classes already and I'm way behind.   But luckily I have the weekend now so hopefully I'll catch up, lol.  For more information on these classes, please visit Online Card Classes.

This wonderful card was inspired by (copied from) Jennifer McGuire.  You can view Jennifer's own blog right here.

It features a 'Z' fold, which I've never done before (and hadn't heard of either for that matter!).  And whilst i didn't have a die to do the 'tinsel' I love how I thought outside the box and wrapped silver twine around (after snipping some triangles out of my 'triangle tree') - oh I have a pic of that too!  I didn't have a background stamp with christmas messages on it so I used an unmounted stamp set from Purple Onion and put adhesive onto my acrylic stamp block, stuck the stamp set to it and stamped that with white pigment ink instead.  Worked a treat!  The sequins were bought to decorate a free tree die I got from Australian Simply Cards but it worked even better here!

I'll put a picture of the whole card here as well as a close up shot of the tree as I like it so much. *smile* 


I hope you enjoy my latest effort, and thanks again for stopping by for a visit!
Cheers
 

4 comments:

  1. Karen that looks a lovely quick & easy card to do! Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay, it is a pretty quick card, although it took me a while as I had to stamp the background myself and figure out how to do the tree, love how it turned out though.

      Delete
  2. Love this card Karen! Love the fold and your fabulous tree! AND the way you have stamped all the sentiments inside!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcelle. The fold is cool, when the card is closed you can only see the message on the front of the tree, then you open up and get another, took a long time to find some stamps that worked, lol

      Delete