Here are just a few of my creations - I mainly make cards, but I've been known to dabble

Here are just a few of my creations - I mainly make cards, but I've been known to dabble

Tuesday, 3 May 2016

Elements of Nature Class from Kit and Clowder

Hi there!  As mentioned in my previous post, I have joined the Elements of Nature class at Kit and Clowder.  There are a wealth of images and techniques to learn in this class.  I'm going to be doing one of the images here and there, so if you're interested, I will tag them so they're easier to find.  I love flowers and colouring them, so taking this class was never a question.  Each of these three pictures was coloured on 200gsm cardstock.

First up I attempted colouring these gorgeous Lillies.  I didn't have the correct greys so I tried to mix a C1 and a C5 to make a C3, with some success.  I will have to have another go at colouring these now that I have all the markers used in the class and see if there is a noticeable difference or improvement.  In any case, I totally love how this first one turned out.



Next up we had a request from Alyce (the teacher) to colour in the strawberry, cherries and blueberries picture.  This presented me with quite a challenge as the 200gsm cardstock just absorbs ink and doesn't aid in blending.  I now have a new stash of blending cardstock for the way forward!  Yay!


Finally, I have coloured one more picture from the Elements of Nature class, the lemons.  These turned out pretty good I think as well.  I can't wait to see and feel the difference when I start colouring on the XpressIt blending cardstock.


Well, that's all the images from the class that I've coloured so far.  I really am learning a lot!  Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a brilliant day!

Cheers
Kaz