Here are just a few of my creations - I mainly make cards, but I've been known to dabble

Thursday 27 February 2014

Mother's Day 2014 (Number 2)

Hey there!  Surprise!  Another blog entry for you to peruse and another card for you to enjoy!  I was watching Christina Griffiths (CardmakingMagic.com) on youtube last night and she made a card that inspired me and resulted in my latest creation.

I've finally got some kraft coloured cardstock in my stash (been wanting it for a while) and this card was made using the 12x12 sheets from CraftOnline.  It isn't very strong cardstock but when you reinforce it with a few layers, it's just right.  *smile*

Anyway, I really like how this card turned out, so much so that I wanted to finish it before I jumped online to chat with my other DUS friends.  (oh, DUS stands for Down Under Stampers, I don't think I've mentioned us all before.)

Well here it is, I think I will make a few more.  The diecut was only cut half way by placing the plates half way only on the die.  I chose not to emboss as Christina did on her video here, as I was going to cover it with a white die cut anyway, so I didn't see the point.  I also didn't put loads of embellishments on there, I think the simplicity on this card is rather elegant (even if I do say so myself!)

Enjoy! and thanks always for stopping by!


  
 

Cheers

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Karen. I watched the video (thanks for the link), and it looks very easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, it was easy, the hardest thing was lining up the plates to cut only half the die. Glad you like my card!

      Delete
  2. I really LOVE this card Karen, very elegant !!

    ReplyDelete